Use the following hardware requirements as a guide and not as an exact sizing tool.
For detailed help with hardware requirements, contact an Oracle sales office (http://www.oracle.com/corporate/contact).
The requirements for a server hosting OSGD can be calculated based on the total of the following:
- What is needed to install and run OSGD
- What is needed for each user that logs in to OSGD on the host and runs applications
Minimal requirements for installing and running SGD:
- 2 gigabytes of free disk space
- 2 gigabyte of random-access memory (RAM)
- 1 gigahertz processor
- Network interface card (NIC)
This is in addition to what is required for the operating system itself and assumes the server is used only for SGD.
The following are the requirements to support users who log in to SGD and run applications:
- Minimum 50 megabytes for each user
- 50 megahertz for each user
Caution – The actual central processing unit (CPU) and memory requirements can vary significantly, depending on the applications used.
Supported Installation Platforms for OSGD 5.30
- Solaris 10u10 for Sparc or x86
- Solaris 11 for Sparc or x86
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (64-bit) 5.8 / 6.2 / 7.0
- Oracle Enterprise Linux (64-bit) 5.8 / 6.2 / 7.0
Official supported Clients
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Solaris Sparc 10u10 / 11
- Solaris X86
- Mac OS X 10.9 / 10.10 / 10.11
- Oracle Linux 5..8 / 6.2 / 7.0 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Ubuntu 14.04 / 16.04 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Internet Explorer 11 + Java 1.7/1.8
- Mozilla Firefox 45 + Java 1.7/1.8
- Mozilla Firefox >52 + Webstart
- Chrome + Webstart
- Safari 8/9 + Java 1.7/1.8